3 bedroom house - detached
A very rare opportunity to purchase a piece of history and coming to the open market as an individual property for the first time since it was built in the 18th Century; Manor Lodge has been sold on two occasions previously when the Elton Manor Estate changed hands... in 1900 & 1930.
The three bedroom accommodation has been significantly upgraded by the current owners in 2008 and is now in a 'ready to move into' condition following a very sympathetic and thorough overhaul. The gardens to the rear are a wonderful haven for those who enjoy entertaining and al fresco dining during those balmy summer evenings; mainly laid to lawn with colourful borders, a picket fence and raised beds. There is a very useful garden shed for day to day equipment and tools.
Whilst there is parking to the front of the property, remote control access is also provided to the 'large wrought iron gates, hung on massive pillars', that lead into the grounds of the original Elton Manor and provide gated access to the rear garden that can also be accessed from the rear of Manor Lodge.
In previous lives, Manor Lodge has also been used as the village Post Office as well as the local Telephone Exchange - hence the original sign over the front door & the Red K6 Telephone Box (available by separate negotiation).
The accommodation now comprises entrance door into the breakfast kitchen, a lounge that is open plan to the dining area with a shared log burner fireplace, a downstairs W.C., three bedrooms and a bathroom to the first floor with wonderful rural views to all aspects. There is a suntrap courtyard immediately to the rear of the property - the perfect location for an early breakfast in the sunshine as well as the large garden to the rear.
To the right hand side and rear of the property is the most attractive and picturesque setting of the Parish Church of St Michael and All Angels with mature shruberry and Yew trees.
SOLD - Subject to Contract